Tuesday 18 September 2012

[Pt.1] Facebook: conspiracy of silence

Fellow denizens and ignorant populace of Facebook, so there's this conspiracy that I've been attempting to haul everyone in on some sort of musical entourage. Is that what it is? As if I'm trying to convert your taste; change your religion; be your saviour, and heaven forbid, open your mind... blah blah blah, OH and perhaps also inflict suffering upon you (really?!). Aw, since when was I ever a negative person? Perhaps "world-weary" is more like it! Some of the things I share may make for heavy viewing, but I'm generally on YOUR side. Just because, my friends, I'm now musically and poetically orientated or whatever, does not mean I am all of a sudden too good for you. So quit pretending that I've not been posting unorthodoxly all over your News Feed throughout the months (and perhaps have the decency to respond once in a blue moon?). Oh and tell me that I'm not troubled. But then again, do you ever think of me?

The thing is, it isn't my fault if you're one of those types who lives (blissfully) under pretences and that everything you encounter must be a reflection of yourself in order for you to agree with it or to meet your own high standards or ethics, etc. And to those whom this just hit home with - I'm not trying to graciously "rip you a new one" - but instead remind you that it's what's on the inside that really matters; we're all human beings (c'est la vie)! What I do, I do with good/strong intentions off my own back. But at this rate, before I'm even given a second chance for my efforts, nothing I ever do is gonna be worthy in your eyes (or might I say in the eyes of your elite circle of friends?). And it's a shame cos that's your loss...

Should you choose to stick your nose up at this blog thing as well, that's totally OK as we all like to turn away from a good challenge--it gives us a sense of superiority (which is ironic when we're all on even ground, considering my peers, REGARDLESS of what your life interests/goals might be). In other words... up your arse!

So now that that's been made clear, to whom it may concern (and it's been a long time coming), I gratifyingly hope that you see yourself for what you are (whatever that is). I also hope that all your dreams come true.


No comments: