Friday 6 April 2012

in before my funeral

Poetry turns ordinarily flowing words into words that "dance"; adding style to substance. Making words rhyme or writing metaphorically is instantly satisfying; the ability to devise an artistic display of intelligence in the most common form of communication. I should know!

The truest reason why I write poetry/lyrics, in a nutshell, is that for me it's simply a mind release. It's about sharing with the world my embrace. And it's not just for generally everyone to view - it's also meant for family - those closest to home. The truth sometimes hurts, and some things just need to be expressed in some form or another--so I choose the most humanistic, or artistic way. Personally for me, writing helps to alleviate my suffering - from being like a "rat in a cage" to also "feeling miserably deranged" and undermined - even by close family, it pains me to say it. I've become so self-aware that it actually hurts repressing my true feelings. I'm a fool to have ever been a fool... all the clichés...

So why the urgency of title 'Nothing to Lose and Everything to Prove'? As for having nothing to lose, well "man's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions." -Oliver Wendell Holmes, US author & physician. One could say that I've been through hell and back with my thoughts--and by God I am not implying that I'm the only one... I'm just trying to reach out here. The latter part of the title reflects being the outcast of the family... I already know that I have the output to prove to them tenfold, vacant-minded or not; it's just a matter of developing quality over quantity and then publishing it. Someday, perhaps I shall have to become famous to actually enforce that. I do actually feel like I have to be, as the damage has unfortunately already been done; ignorance remains bliss. To be heard out beyond an echo would be to feel somewhat alleviated of this numbness within...

No comments: