Tuesday 26 October 2010

you wanna be a legit rock*, why blog?

Well, admittedly, I do feel like I over-exert myself... I guess the reason why I have this whole blog setup is to have an organised collection of my thoughts and favourite things, to share my music, and to have some form of establishment in this mad cyberspace called the internet. I'm just very open minded like that. This blog actually started as a simple page to showcase my old keyboard demos, but it just grew over the months. I get the feeling that your average aspiring rockstar would stick to just MySpace, but I guess that ain't enough for me...

What with the times we live in, the history that has passed us by etc. it seems almost foolish for someone like me not to build up an in-depth online presence of sorts, whilst I'm still unknown to the world. It's very easy to be lost in today's climate, what with stereotypes and all, in this dumbed-down "hot-shot" generation. I want to separate myself from who & what I'm not.

Just don't go thinking that this blog is more my priority than my musical mind 'cos it's by far the other way round. This is just me expressing myself behind the music. I hope you'll follow me on that... I'm a zero behind this blog, yearning to be heard & "found". Besides, working on this blog has kept me somewhat sane over the period of my lows... what it is I'm writing here is essentially a "disclaimer" of sorts; take everything I say with a pinch of salt; know that I set myself aims which I intend to achieve (no matter what).

It is somewhat undignifying adding to this blog and trying to make it seem as positive as I can, all the while I've been going through the lowest points of my life - and still, with little sign of light glimmering at the end of the tunnel... this is like my experience of "the great depression" in my own world, huh. I'm pulling out the stops, I'm doing the best I can... now I just need to get people seeing this blog and realising that I exist. It's quite a lonely place when you feel you're networking with no one but yourself...

Basically, I'ma just add to this music portfolio as much as I feel the need. I started on it February this year and am pretty much done with the whole layout of it now - a whole 9 months later - being November. OK, enough of my jibber-jabber, time to start learning some guitar covers - the music is more important than the blog, after all!