Wednesday 14 July 2010

random sayings/beliefs of mine

Here are some sayings I've come to aquire and realise for myself in my songwriting journey so far. For your amusement, awareness, and just so you know...
  • I'd rather be anything but anything but simple
  • I wasn't "born to be" a singer/songwriter/musician; I grew up and realised this is what I feel I'm best at, this is what I want/need to be
  • Songwriting key importance: lyrics > melody > production
  • Proper music comes before life popularity anytime with me
  • You can still be a somebody without having to be a stereotype. Be unique!
  • I maybe "weird", but you're just like all the rest...
  • There is, and should be, no such thing as "best band in the world"... music is too highly subjective
  • Do not wanna be a rock 'n roll stereotype * infinity (smoking/drugs etc.) = for tools, I prefer to let the music do the talking. The image is just an accompaniment to the music
  • I'm just me being me; if you don't like it then move along
  • Why I NEED to do music: 'cos I've a fucking great deal to say!
  • Living a normal life does not meet my requirements
  • I do music to impress nobody in particular, only Earth God
  • Be the music, don't let the music be you
  • I'm no "wannabe"... I do music for what I've been MADE to become
  • Life is however tough you make it out to be 
  • I think in ways you'd never even begin to comprehend to think to imagine... work that one out!
  • A good respectable musician can appreciate and learn from ALL kinds of music
  • I like to see music as an art form and let it "paint a picture" in my head
  • The best music is music with soul, passion, and character, not trying to do/be everything, not trying to sound "good" all the time, but being yourself and enjoying it. That's the best attitude.
And another one I just thought of which perfectly substitutes how I've been feeling lately: self-promotion's a BITCH.