Monday 31 December 2012

[Pt.2] The Show Mustn't Go On? (Lessons Learnt)

Flashback: garnering at least 30 page likes was the sole reason I invited everyone to my original milestone event (onwards and upwards, right?). Reason being, I was actually at the end of my tether in promoting "Leavin' Harbour" throughout September, seemingly in vain, on a supposedly "social" network. I got desperate this time round (would you believe!), but if at least someone found this event inspiring then I couldn't care less what anyone else thinks (especially the hypocrites; you know who you are).

That was one tough crowd I invited here... honestly can't move this cycle anymore. It's like I'm offering a opportunity so thoughtful and simple (merely like my page), that even once-good friends can't pull their heads out their arses to accept this. Just wow. If you're that isolated in your own esoteric agendas, do like me and get yourself a frigging blog, rather than continuously drip feed those angsty, shallow social statuses (that typically vanish after a few hours). I'd hate to have to blacklist any dullard... but when it comes down to it, you'll likely not even know about it.

Over the course of me being, and despite my hardships, I've been described as "sound" various times by various people--and I think that my more prosperous guitar improvs, such as 'Bridge to Somewhere' and previously unheard 'Unsung', shows why (it's good to be levelheaded).

This has been a surreal learning experience for me; one that needn't have been so arduous, of which I won't be repeating anytime soon (perhaps I'll think about my wellbeing next time)! It's made me realise that I obligingly set my standards too low, being susceptible to devaluation. All in all, SAME OLD STORY OF HYPOCRISY. Happy New Year (hopefully)!

No comments: