Monday 1 November 2010

interesting facts about me

  • In case you didn't already gather: I started off writing all my original guitar sounding stuff on a keyboard! I essentially played guitar on keyboard. A bit odd I know, but looking back it's kinda unique to me so perhaps not as shameful as I sometimes thought!
  • I drew that picture of Link from the Zelda games when I was just 13. I remember that his head took me an hour to draw alone! I was very much into art back then. Yep, always been a creative one, me...
  • I was gonna join the RAF to be an electrical engineer, and actually passed the test, but failed the interview. I'm glad I didn't get it though in the end, 'cos otherwise that would've been the end of all things musical for me right now. And not to toot my own horn, but that would've been a waste of talent! Half my songs created on keyboard, including demo album 'Believe', would have since been unmade, I wouldn't be playing guitar now and writing songs, I would never have discovered all these incredible bands I now listen to on a daily basis, and not least, this blog wouldn't exist... whoa.
  • I played the FFX piece 'To Zanarkand' on stage at my school's evening show in front of approx 200 people. That was the first time I ever performed onstage and my parents weren't even there to see it! Though that didn't surprise me...
  • I was given the FFX soundtrack on CD for Xmas as I loved the music so much! Still regularly listen to some of it on my MP3 player and it never fails to impress. Awe inspiring stuff as 'Spira Unplugged' would prove!
  • My nickname amongst my school music group was DJ Aqua of all things because, believe it or not, I used to love playing electronica/dance stuff on the keyboards!
  • Me and an old friend of mine had a dance track we made up using Dance eJay played at our Year 6 primary school disco. It was amazing telling everyone on the dance floor that we created it.
  • My favourite video game ever is The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time; an N64 game I grew up with as a child. I often played stuff from its soundtrack on my keyboard including 'Gerudo Valley' and a techno version of 'Lost Woods'! I even wrote my own jokey 'save da princess Zelda' song using a techno style 'Hyrule Fields' theme tune. Unfortunately, this was before I had my MP3 player so I never had the chance to record it... *sniff*
  • In fact, I made up a lot of stuff before having my MP3 player. Stuff like my own take on the Chocobo theme tune and other Final Fantasy style music. All of it is sadly lost now... I did have it recorded to my keyboard's flash memory but there were at least five or six occasions when my keyboard decided to reset itself and all my creations were completely gone. I could've cried when that happened. In fact, I probably did... what I wouldn't do to have those old recordings back!
  • I bought myself the Zelda OOT soundtrack on CD. That 'Hyrule Fields' tune never fails to amaze! Nostalgia right there, the good ol' golden days when I was a child. :)